Mamas, I know many of us are now running out of goodies to make in the kitchen. And I’m sure you’ve had your share of banana bread, walnut muffins, chocolate chip cookies, and blondie bars because I did! Why not mix it up (no pun intended) a bit and give my Easy No-Bake Healthy Bar a try? This recipe is filled with healthy omegas, fiber, and protein with no artificial sweeteners and is completely dairy free. Not to mention it’s actually pretty fun to make with little ones (you’ll definitely want the extra help)!
1 cup quick oats
3 tbsp hemp seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup nuts of your choice (I like almonds and cashews)
1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
10 organic medjool dates
A pinch of sea salt
A couple sprinkles of shredded coconut (unsweetened)
2 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the seeds out of all the dates and chop them into thirds.
- Mix oats, hemp seeds, chia seeds, salt, nuts, and unrefined coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Spread mixture on parchment paper.
- Pop the mixture in the oven and bake for 12 minutes, give it a quick stir, and bake for another 12-15 minutes. It should turn to a beautiful golden brown color.
- Take the mixture out of the oven and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Spoon your mixture into a decent sized mixing bowl with your chopped dates and chocolate chips. Use your hands or a sturdy spoon to mix the ingredients well. Tip: Pulling the dates apart a bit beforehand makes the job a bit easier– this is something your little ones will love to help with.
- Once combined, pour mixture into a freezer-safe Tupperware (lining it with parchment paper or a little bit of melted coconut oil). Press the mixture into the container so that it takes the form of the container and is evenly spread out.
- Top it off with a couple sprinkles of shredded coconut.
- Secure the lid, and freeze your batch for at least 3 hours.
- Once the 3 hours is up, leave out for a few minutes, cut, and serve!
- To store, you can refreeze them for long-term storage or cut them up into squares, wrap them up in parchment paper, and leave them in the fridge if you plan to consume them within a week!
I hope you have as much fun as I did making these! These are perfect snacks for on-the-go or a simple but filling pick-me-up for busy mamas and active children! Enjoy!