There are SO many pregnancy-related gadgets and gizmos but as a person who doesn’t find it all that necessary to buy everything, I’d rather invest my money in a few essential things that guarantee a smooth and comfortable pregnancy. So what are 5 things to get while pregnant? Here are my five!
- Comfortable maternity/nursing bra
- Kindred Bravely Your belly isn’t the only thing that grows (uncomfortably) when you’re pregnant. Your bra size will also grow and more times than not you’ll find yourself wanting to free your “girls”. When you’re pregnant, it’s normal for your breasts to be fuller and for your ribcage to expand, causing your once loved bras to feel unpleasantly uncomfortable. This is when Kindred Bravely bras come to the rescue. You don’t have to forgo cute for comfort! I’m so glad I got my hands on Kindred Bravely bras because they are buttery smooth, cute, AND multifunctional. What more could you ask? It’s amazing because I was able to wear them while pregnant, nursing, and during my postpartum months. The two Kindred Bravely bras I highly recommend are:
- Organic Cotton Nursing & Sleep Bra
- Literally the best thing since sliced bread! As soon as you wear this bra, you won’t want to take it off, trust me! Plus it’s organic so you don’t have to worry about any sensitivities for your future little one while he/she is nursing! This is the perfect lounge and sleep bra and you won’t even notice yourself wearing it. I’m wearing one right now as I’m writing this post!
- Simply Sublime Lace Racerback Nursing Bra
- Though this is a nursing bra, it’s also very comfortable (and cute!) to wear while pregnant (very forgiving!). Since it’s made of soft and stretchy fabric, it makes it an ideal bra for everyday wear.
- Organic Cotton Nursing & Sleep Bra
- To get yourself 20% off go to www.kindredbravely.com/ahealthyglo
2. Pregnancy pillow
- U-shaped maternity/pregnancy pillow Let me tell you that I’m not the only one who enjoys sleeping with this pillow. I may or may not find my husband snuggled on top of one side of it every morning. If you’re an avid back sleeper like me, you might find it difficult to comfortably sleep on your side especially as your belly grows bigger and bigger. But, as soon as I bought this pillow (sometime in the middle of my second trimester– I definitely should’ve bought it sooner!), I rarely found myself rolling to my back. My new favorite position is sleeping on my side snuggled between this pillow (even when I’m NOT pregnant!).
3. Belly butter/oil
- Motherlove Pregnant Belly Salve Yes, it’s very possible to get the itch around your belly as your baby grows. As the skin around your belly stretches, it becomes thin and gets deprived of moisture so it’s vital to keep that area of your body moisturized. I’ve tried many different belly oils/butters/lotions/and salves and the one by Motherlove is the one I come back to every time. With oils such as lavender, chamomile, and rose hips the belly salve soothes itchy skin like a charm while helping the area retain its hydration for hours after application. You can feel the quality as soon as you put it on. I also apply it to my lower back, breasts, hips, and inner thighs to help prevent stretch marks! Though genetics also plays a huge part in whether you get stretch marks during pregnancy or not, I can safely say I did not get any stretch marks while using this product during my first pregnancy, and currently, at 7 months pregnant.
4. Lip mask
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask My number one pregnancy symptom = chapped lips. I don’t mean just regular dry, chapped lips that goes away after a couple of days. I’m talking parched, ripped, and completely dried out lips that last for weeks. When I discovered this product, I was at my wit’s end. I tried everything and I was almost ready to accept the fact that I will have rough, dried out lips for the remainder of my long pregnancy (poor hubby who had to deal with my scratchy kisses). But say no more! This overnight sleeping mask was a lifesaver for both of my pregnancies. After one night I noticed my lips getting better. By the third night, my lips came back to normal! It’s surprising that this lip sleeping mask can keep my lips hydrated for the entire night. It’s also my go-to product, especially in the winter.
5. Massage roller balls
- Vive Roller Ball You will get knots and you will get tight muscles. Though pregnancy comes with these undesirable side effects, you don’t have to put up with it. There’s always a solution. I heard about these roller balls from a nurse friend who is also a doula. She said she uses it to help her mothers soothe lower-back pain during contractions. I bought these during my third trimester when I was getting ready to pack my hospital bag and instead of tossing them in the bag, I used them almost every day to loosen tight muscles in my neck, shoulders, quads, calves, and lower back. And my friend was right, this was an excellent product to use during contractions! Simply get your support person to massage your lower back with these (these come in a pack of two and they will save your thumbs!). They feel absolutely amazing. If you’d like, you can even put some essential oils directly on the ball to enhance your massage experience!
I hope these 5 things help you mamas experience a smooth and comfortable pregnancy!
Informative blog. Pillow is a make an important role during pregnancy time. Thank you for sharing with us.