You’re sitting down for a virtual coffee break with your best friend and both of you are drinking coffee poured into matching best friend coffee mugs. While you might think the only thing different between your coffee and your best friend’s coffee is the brand, that’s most likely not the case. Not all coffees are created equal. I’m not talking about the different ways it can be prepared like a pour-over versus a french press. I’m talking about how coffee beans are sourced, processed, shipped, and poured in your cute little matching mug.
With the high demand for coffee, coffee inevitably requires it to be mass-produced, just like any other mass-produced crop like corn and rice. Many times, mass production allows room for poor quality production practices that introduces unwanted toxins during production, roasting, and shipping. And sadly, what ends up in your mug is more than just coffee– it’s a whole concoction of chemicals and toxins as well.
Here are some common toxins that can be found in coffee: pesticides, acrylamide, ochratoxin A, synthetic fertilizers, and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). All of the chemicals mentioned can have adverse effects to our health and the environment if they are not minimized. When coffee is carefully sourced, roasted, and processed, we as consumers can reap the benefits that coffee can offer while avoiding the unwanted effects of excess toxins.
So what do we do? The simple answer is, become conscious consumers. This goes across the board whether you’re at the grocery store picking out produce or whether you’re shopping online to buy a pair of work slacks. Research the company/store/organization you’re buying from/supporting, ask questions, and then make educated purchases. Don’t ever skimp on quality, especially when it comes to something you consume on the regular.
That’s why when it comes to coffee, I go all in for Purity Coffee. After learning and researching about the importance of high-quality coffee, I went on a year-long search for healthy coffee that doesn’t compromise the taste and price point. Purity Coffee checked all those boxes for me. Here are some amazing things that sold me to become a Purity Coffee advocate:
- Organically grown coffee beans that are certified with the highest standard of organic coffee: Smithsonian Bird Friendly Certification (so no toxic pesticides!)
- Every harvest is strictly tested and ensured to meet the SCAA Green Coffee Grading Standards, hence qualified as “Specialty Grade”
- Coffee is conscientiously farmed
- Independent third-party tested to ensure the coffee is free from chemicals such as ochratoxin A
- Strict verification process to check for antioxidant and trigonelline levels (twice per year)
- The company itself is built on the basis of original scientific research
- Sustainable practices followed while drying, storing, and packaging
- A freshly roasted batch delivered every time
- Option to have coffee delivered monthly by subscription
- Can be purchased as whole beans, single serves, and/or pods
- Smooth taste (regular, dark roast, and decaf options available)
- Last but not least, amazing customer service!
I love this brand and I stand by it. Use my promo code: AHEALTHYGLO20 to save 20% off and get free shipping on your first order. I know you’ll love it! Join me in the movement to consume ethically sourced, healthy, high-quality coffee. Your body deserves it!