Let me introduce to smoothie #2 of my AHealthyGlo Smoothie Series– A Morning Smoothie.
A Morning Smoothie gets your juices flowing to wake you up. It’s almost like slap in the face of lemony flavors and various spices. Packed with stimulating ingredients, it helps start your day feeling energized to hit the ground running.
Here’s the recipe:
A Happy Smoothie
- In a good blender (I use Vitamix), pour in 2c unsweetened organic coconut milk
- 1 handful of organic spinach
- 1/2 of a banana
- 1 serving of chocolate protein powder (I use Garden of Life Raw Protein)
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp flaxseed oil
- Juice of half of a lemon
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs (I use Navitas Organic Cacao Nibs)
- 1 tbsp chia seed (I use Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds)
Note: If you feel yourself getting hungry before lunch time, try upping your intake of fat. In this smoothie, you can add another tbsp of flaxseed oil or add in a half of a small avocado.