It takes a lot to keep the little one safe and entertained especially when there are thousands of toys, baby gear, and entertainment options to choose from. It’s overwhelming to pick the “best” ones which is why I came up with my favorites list that I’ve thoroughly researched, tried, and absolutely LOVED!
For each product I included some of the best features and linked them (click image) so you can check out them out in detail. Hoping some of these favorites become your favorites too as they have definitely made the first 6 months easier for us as first-time parents!
Just a note: most of these products have more than one function and even grow with your baby!
- 1. Skip Hop Activity Center
- This activity center grows with your child (suitable for 4 months to toddler age). My daughter absolutely loved all of its features sitting in the 360-degree rotating seat. The discovery window is definitely something that still amuses her while she plays the keys (removable) with her feet. We are transitioning to have her cruise around the table and we’re surprised to say that she is enjoying it equally as much as when she was in the seat!
- 2. HABA Baby’s First Basic Block Set
- I bought this after buying a similar set and was disappointed when I found out the paint was chipping off and didn’t know if it was safe for a teething baby to accidentally ingest. However, these I bought with no worries because I knew it was painted with water-based and solvent-free paint that’s safe for babies.
- This set comes with 12 wooden cubes with 6 colors (2 of each).
- 3. Skip Hop Play Mat
- My daughter could play on this mat for hours if she didn’t need to nap. Since the day we brought her home she loved looking at the hanging toys and interacting with the different textures on the mat.
- The tummy time pillow that comes with it was also very helpful when learning how to enjoy tummy time.
- Easy assembling/disassembling and washing it is a breeze!
- 4. VAVA Baby Monitor
- We purposely purchased a baby monitor that doesn’t connect to our WIFI for safety reasons AND the annoying lag we experienced with one we bought previously. After a week of shaky connection and unexpected resets, we opted for this one and never looked back!
- We love the two-way audio, night vision, thermal monitor, 2x and 4x zoom-in feature, and panoramic view.
- 5. Fisher-Price Sweet Snugapuppy Dreams Cradle ‘n Swing
- It doesn’t take up valuable real estate as is much slimmer than most swings on the market. It did a great job keeping my little one occupied while I made dinner or needed some down time!
- Also, she never falls asleep anywhere but her crib but I’ve actually caught her doze off quite a few times in this swing!
- Love the features: 2 ways to swing, 2 reclining positions, swing speeds, variety of songs/sounds
- 6. Lamaze Crib Gallery and Activity Puzzle Baby Toy
- A friend of mine brought this over for my daughter and she fell in love with it the moment she laid eyes on it!
- Variety of functions as it can be used as a crib toy to an activity puzzle. Black and white contrast side is used to stimulate baby’s visual responses and the colorful puzzle side is used to engage babies during play time.
- 7. BabyBjorn Bouncer
- Ergonomic bouncer that encourages baby to rock themselves naturally with proper neck and back support and 4 reclining positions
- Fabric is easy to remove and wash, not to mention it’s very breathable!
- Can be used from newborn to 2 years old!
- Portable and lightweight. This was something we took around with us everywhere we went!
- 8. Yay Mats
- 100% nontoxic and hypoallergenic foam with beautiful designs that don’t scream BABY!
- It’s cushiony enough for a crawling baby but firm enough to practice walking on.
- We absolutely LOVE how easy it is to wipe clean and sanitize without having to take covers off or throw them in the washer.
- 9. Skip Hop Diaper Changing Pad
- Easy to clean and cushioned with a chic design that matches any nursery.
- PVC-free & phthalate-free
- The added tuck-away toy bar and fasteners are heaven sent especially when changing a squirmy baby!
- 10. Boppy Newborn Lounger
- Love the portability of it to carry it from room to room and when traveling.
- Great place for baby to lounge around while you get some work/chores done! My daughter seemed to love the cushioning and thoroughly enjoyed it the first 5-6 months of her life!
- The slight incline helped her so much as she had trouble lying flat because of her acid reflux.
Can’t wait for you all to try these favorites of ours!