Here’s a simple recipe that will give you the energy that you need and the CRUNCH to satisfy the munchies, especially during this quarantine season! Being stuck at home for weeks on end definitely calls for snack attacks so that’s why I’m sharing my all-time favorite healthy trail mix recipe.
It’s homemade so you know exactly what’s going into your mouth and it’s definitely a smart way for the whole family to consume healthy dietary fats!
In a large bowl mix the following ingredients together:
- 1 handful of dried fruit (I used goji berries)
- 1 handful of peanut butter pretzel (you can also use regular pretzel bites)
- 1 handful of dark-chocolate chips (if chocolate isn’t your thing, add coconut strips)
- 1 handful of cashews (unsalted, dry roasted)
- 1 handful of almonds (unsalted, dry roasted)
- 1 handful of walnuts (unsalted, raw)
- 1-2 bars of Bob’s Red Mill Better Bar Peanut Butter Oats cut up into small pieces (you can also pick other flavors such as banana, and honey which are equally delicious)
Store in airtight containers like mason jars to keep them fresh and pre-prep some in a few snack packs for you and your children to eat during the week! Taking care of a baby requires a lot of sustained energy so I keep a small mason jar of this trail mix on the counter of my kitchen island so it’s visible and easy to access during the day.
Mamas, I’m curious! What are your favorite healthy snacks?
Leave a Reply